Procedural dermatology encompasses the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of all diseases related to the skin, hair, nails and oral cavity. As a highly skilled medical specialist, Dr Nivana Ramlachan is trained to help treat thousands of different types of skin diseases – rare and common conditions – for all age groups.
Dr Nivana’s proficient team of adept and friendly staff. Our competent team aims to provide service excellence.
Dr Ramlachan completed her MBChB in 1998 and received a fellowship with the College of Dermatology in October 2005. Now in private practice as a dermatologist at Club Surgical Center and Wilgers Hospital. Dr Ramlachan is a leading Dermatology Specialist & South Africa’s first female dermatologist practising MOHS micrographic surgery.
Special interests in dermatology include –
- Skin cancer management using dermoscopy, mole mapping and photodynamic therapy.
- Aesthetic dermatology using toxins: fillers, sclerotherapy, and lasers.
Dr Ramlachan successfully completed her fellowship in MOHS surgery and is currently a dermatologist performing MOHS Micrographic Surgery.
Dr Ramlachan is part of the MOHS Surgery Unit at Skin Matters but has her own independent Specialist Dermatology practice in Wilgers and at the Club Surgical Center in Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa.
- DSSA – Dermatology Society of South Africa
- SASDS – South African Society of Dermatological Surgery
- ASDS – American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- ISD – International Society of Dermatology
- Colleges of Medicine of South Africa – 2005
Fellow of the College of Dermatologists of South Africa, Dermatology
- UC San Diego – 2013
Hugh Greenways Annual Superficial Anatomy and Cutaneous Surgery Course, Dermatology
- Stellenbosch University – 2015
SASDS Basic and Advanced Surgery Course, Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery – 2018
ASDS/ ITMP Mohs Micrographic Surgery Fellowship, Dermatology